People have a tendency to give in when things get hard. You question yourself, your direction, and your purpose when the answer has always been right in front of you. Faith. Faith is unique to every individual you come across. Whether you believe in God, The Universe, or a giant spaghetti monster in the sky, do not lose hope and do not falter. You hold these beliefs for a reason. You’ve made it this far, for a reason. It’s hard to trust the unknown. It’s hard to put faith in tomorrow when today may have seemingly failed you. That’s up to you to decide. Gratitude allows us to find the value in each day. Gratitude can be the fuel you need to keep going when you’re going through hell.
Don’t ever give up. (motivational video link)
It’s easy to make excuses. It’s easy to say this is too hard and too much work. You stand in the face of opposition and it feels like your entire world is closing in on you. The self-doubt you hear in your head spreads like a virus to the point of indecision. Paralyzed with fear, it’s easier just to give up and call it quits. You can make yourself feel better by resorting back to old habits and feeling comfortable again. Let me say it loud enough for the people in the back.
DON’T GIVE UP.
Today I’m grateful for…
- My cat Ned
- Unpopped bubble wrap
- Songs that make you think
- A moment of peace to meditate
- The support I get from my friends
- Autosave when my laptop crashes
- A good lazy river
- Not only feeling heard but understood as well
- Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Walks in my local state park
- Memories on Cape Cod
- 10 Deep Breaths
- Both years of working Orientation at BSU (shoutout to my secret OL x2)
- Warped Tour Music
- All 67,106 yards and 493 touchdowns Tom Brady has thrown in his career (postseason included)
- The fact that I no longer sleepwalk around my house in the night
- The smell of burgers on the grill in the summer
- Foam rollers and good stretches
- My fam
- Discovering new places
- Laying on the quad and sitting on the Boyden steps
- When your airplane finally lands safely because flying stresses me out
- An empty email inbox
- Signs from the Universe
- My process and being exactly where I’m supposed to be.