Today was perfect. It was the first full day with my Uncle in LA and we did so much. Packing so much into one day has left me exhausted but grateful above all else.
Coming into this trip I had no idea what to expect. I thought this vacation was going to go one way and it has gone in a very different direction. I’m so happy with how my time has been spent here and none of it was planned this way.
To me, this emphasizes the need to live in the present. Let go of expectations of the future and the rigidity involved in making plans. Let life happen and go with the flow. Be grateful for each moment along the way and it won’t matter if your day is planned to the second or you just have an idea of what you’d like to do. Take a deep breath, and make the most of every moment.
This was the best way to start my 2018 and I hope you were able to do the same.
Today I’m grateful for…
- Morning mediation
- Organic fruit and healthy food
- Funny stories and uncontrollable laughter
- Hidden restaurants and delicious food
- Unexpected hikes
- Family of all kinds
- The feeling after you brush your teeth
- Peanut butter
- Nights on the balcony watching the sun go down
- Drunk texts from my brother
- People who share their gratitude with me!
- Sunday mornings in bed
- The feeling after a finished to-do list
- Home-made Pizza
- The warmth of the sun on my skin and the beautiful weather in LA
- The stars and how they connect us all
- Five Guys Burgers
- Nature and the great outdoors
- People with kind and gentle hearts
- Neck pillows for flights across the country
- Sharing pictures and experiences
- Harry Potter Movie Marathons
- Any kind of dessert
- People who give good hugs
- The promise of a new year and new opportunities