Today, my plans changed. I was originally going to go to Catalina Island and was very excited about the hike I had planned. Instead, I spent the day getting a much needed massage and my first day at a spa. I did in fact spoil myself but I’d rather focus on why these plans changed.
For me, I found what I needed to on my first hike. I learned so much at Joshua Tree and didn’t want to spoil anything by going on another glorified day hike. I learned this wasn’t the experience I was looking for and felt like I was failing to meet my morals and standards by doing this hike at Catalina.
Today, I want to emphasis taking a moment. I personally went to the spa but you can take care of yourself in other ways. Self care is extremely important and should be a staple of your routine. Sometimes it’s nice to indulge and take an entire day at the spa but there are other ways to do this. Watching your favorite series on Netflix, cooking your favorite meal, sleeping in, are all ways you can take care of yourself to find easier ways to recognize gratitude. Ultimately, it’s up to you and that choice gives you power.
Today I’m grateful for….
- Late night pancakes
- A day at the spa
- Eggs of all shapes and sizes
- Seeing new places
- Self-care and self-love
- My family and my uncle
- Playing Soccer growing up
- Good music and Spotify
- The moon and the stars
- No traffic
- Staying in LA for free
- Peanut butter, always
- The geek trees and color in Southern California as Massachusetts continues to be hit by snow
- Dogs that let me pet them
- Cereal after school
- Trying new things
- Live music and artists that play with passion
- Meet some YouTube idols
- The existence of Chicken Parmesan
- For my bed after a long day outside
- My grandparents
- Be there for my family and my younger brother when things don’t go according to plan
- Popping your ears after a long day
- People who reach out when you need support
- Today and every day on vacation with my Uncle