After some time away from my apartment at UMass, it was important that I made some changes. My routines for Fall semester worked for all intensive purposes then, but there’s no guarantee it works now. I rearranged my closet and moved around some tables. I’m not sure if I entirely like the changes yet or if they are more conducive to my daily routine but I felt tremendously better about work tomorrow and starting my Spring semester. If everything stayed the same, that would mean I’m not growing and I’m not learning. Patience is our key to the best this life has to offer. That has to apply to change too. Change is all around us and sometimes we wish things would just get better right away or fast forward to the point when it does.
Who Moved My Cheese is one of my all-time favorite books for many reasons but one of them is how it describes change. I suggest reading this Spencer Johnson classic and apply it to your own life.
So here comes 2018, head on. Change is all around us, it just depends on how we’re going to react.
Today I’m grateful for…
- Sleeping in my own bed that I can actually fit in (I’m 6’2″)
- My newest book just came in the mail
- A clean apartment and being organized for tomorrow
- Oreo ice cream
- My family
- Seeing my cat after a week + away
- Relatable podcasts
- People who follow through and check in
- Frank Ocean Albums
- My fraternity
- Baggy sweatpants
- Mentors at BSU who helped me get here
- The patience of my father
- How much my mother loves my cat
- Fifa 09 free kicks
- Friends from Ashland
- Any chance to play Monopoly
- Time to binge shows on Netflix
- RHA Wednesdays and EBoard meetings
- Being in RA in Shea Durgin for two years
- Heaters and blankets
- The Lion King
- The feeling of brushing your teeth
- Being exactly where I should be
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
featured image of my new arrangement in my living room. Space for the sunlight and morning meditation!