Dreams and aspirations can feel heavy when it doesn’t feel like we’re making any progress. It’s why people drop their expectations and start to give up on their goals. There’s no magic word or phrase I can use to motivate you but I can remind you to be patient.
Take it one day at a time, remember to breath, and you’ll get there. Speak it into your existence and remind yourself what you’re working for. Be present for each moment and just see what happens.
Today I’m grateful for…
- The CD my dad made for me when I turned 10 with all his favorite songs
- Snow day delays
- My friend, Erika! She always brings a smile to my face. Also she got me this awesome frame of Ned lol
- Big comfy sweatshirts
- Tattoo stories
- UMass Amherst
- Time with my new Peer Mentors
- Sushi at Hamp
- My family
- Vance Joy, ‘Dream Your Life Away’ album
- Weddings and sunshine
- The ocean
- Double sessions for soccer
- Basketball at the gym
- These headphones
- My sister’s food recommendations
- Making mistakes
- Family road trips and books on tape
- Sleeping on a bed I finally fit on
- That time my uncle dressed up like a lobster for my beach themed birthday party
- My friends who are going to become educators
- Triathlon training team
- Late night cups of V8 with my mom
- This very moment!!!
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
Featured image, my friends and I spent the day at the beach and were greeted by a cool breeze and a bright blue sky. We walked that beach for miles!