You don’t always have to be so hard on yourself, even when you fail. Be grateful for the opportunity! Saying “try, try again” exists for a reason and sometimes we don’t get things right the first time. That includes how we treat others. Giving people a little bit of grace and time to fix a mistake may just result in some gratitude coming your way. Be patient with your process and theirs.
Today I’m grateful for…
- I’m not a huge fan of April Fool’s Day and I managed to make it without being pranked all day!
- The smell of protein powder after the gym
- To be able to volunteer and serve my community
- A good album to listen through front to back
- The highly anticipated Liverpool v City match on Wednesday
- New mentors and networks
- Working towards something bigger
- A higher power that exists within the Universe
- My siblings and my family
- Back massages
- Clean water
- Early bed times
- Feeling prepared
- Cat cuddles
- Time for hiking and photography
- Help planning my trip to Iceland and the UK
- Trust and honesty
- A few deep breaths and some patience
- Life lessons
- Summer jobs with my friends and days at the beach
- The warmth of the sun
- FaceTimes with my friends from BSU
- For Grad School and learning new things
- All of my supervisors, the good and the bad
- Today and every day on this planet
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
Featured image of the mouth to a small lake. One of the hikes I did this past summer with Lucas and mike.