At this point in my semester, I’m drained to say the least. I have a lot of work left and not a lot of time. I’ve been itching to just start packing for England but I have to remind myself to be present. I’m grateful to be exactly where I am but constantly find myself searching for something to keep me going in the here and now.
Today I’m grateful for…
- Taking a nap at the same time as my cat, Ned
- Getting a good sweat at the gym
- My friend Peter! He’s been so supportive and seeing him around campus makes me happy
- Time to read
- Advancing to the Champions League Semifinals!
- Good advice
- Tattoo stories
- Cozy clothes
- Rainy days
- New beginnings
- Dream team meetings with Carley and Jess
- Getting things done
- Real instruments
- Friends from home
- Old man basketball with my dad
- Backyard sports with my brother and neighbors
- The sunshine and warm weather
- Home cooked meals
- Buffalo chicken
- Morning stretches
- Time to journal
- Handwritten notes and letters
- All forms of learning
- Taking it slow
- The here and now, this very moment
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
Featured image of the red sky marking the close of another special day. Every day I’m alive, every breath I’m granted, I’m grateful.