I think I’ve told myself that more times than I can count this semester. It’s an important reminder to not only be patient but to let go of what we can’t control. I can prepare as much as I want to for the future but will only be ready once it’s become the present. I can’t change the past but I can learn from those moments and use them as lessons in the here and now. I personally use gratitude to tie it all together which makes RIGHT NOW so precious.
I talk a lot about music, and tag it often, so here’s a playlist I’m working on! Right now, it’s quite short, not much to it. But with time, it will grow and maybe it’ll even have a few of your favorite songs. The theme of the playlist is “one song a day” – a reminder to take life at the same speed. Hope you enjoy it.
Today I’m Grateful For…
- Catching up and checking in
- Working here at UMass and meeting so many incredible people
- Morning yoga with the sunshine
- Change of all kinds
- Long emails about world travel
- Time to get centered and regain balance
- A productive afternoon
- Healthy habits and good routines
- Stepping outside my comfort zone
- No social media – so much freedom
- Cat cuddles and funny internet cat pranks
- Nights listening to music in my car with my brother
- My friends from BSU and those I’ve stayed connected with
- This blog and the response I get from sharing gratitude!
- Those who inspire
- Second chances (and third chances)
- Sports and good competition
- Piano lessons and learning something new
- Signs from the Universe. That feeling in your bones demanding to be heard
- Sharing music and finding meaning in lyrics
- Free sweatshirts
- Crimson Hall and Shea Durgin memories
- Talking things out
- The Precious Present
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
Featured image from my trip to New York for my internship! What a fun experience and one I definitely look back on with gratitude.