After more than 25,000 steps with my friend Stenie we navigated our way from Brixton to London and had ourselves a fantastic day. We caught up, laughed, enjoyed the sun and did the most American thing ever by getting fish and chips by the London eye. It was marvelous.
I’ve been doing more research on gratitude and found some really interesting stuff. The science behind “positive psychology” is still evolving but something I’m hoping to incorporate more into the blog going forward. There are leading researchers and experts on gratitude I would love to interview and exchange thoughts with that I’ll post here as well! I would love to make this more interactive because I know for me, Gratitude isn’t just about the individual, it’s about the culmination of feeling.
With 150 lists now under my belt, I’m feeling motivated with June right around the corner.
Today I’m Grateful For…
- Stenie Simon, one of my best friends
- The London bustle and hustle
- The sunshine
- Getting my steps in
- Catching up
- Delicious street food
- Help from home, using my phone and the Internet has been a struggle here
- Learning about different languages
- Comfy pillows
- Shea 2 friends from my first year at BSU
- Clean water
- Fresh fruit and vegetable markets
- Videos and pictures of my cat
- A little direction
- The feeling of clean teeth
- Just being here in England
- My family
- Opportunities of all kinds
- Going with the flow
- Vibrant sunrises and sunsets
- Getting involved at BSU
- A reminder to be patient
- My time in Cambodia
- People who volunteer their time
- Right here, right now
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
Featured image of a faraway shot of Big Ben overlooking the Thames (I believe lol).