Today wasn’t the best. My team lost. My pizza was failed to be delivered (twice). I was on the receiving end of some poor communication. I had some troubling dreams. My mental health wasn’t great and overall, nothing seemed to go right for me today.
The best part about all of that, is that it’s over. Tomorrow is a new day and it most certainly can’t be worse than today. These may be little things but they add up and they make a difference.
To use a soccer metaphor, not every shot you take will go in. Not every match you play will end in your favor. It’s not about how much you lose by, it’s about how you respond.
Today I’m Grateful For…
- An incredible season from Liverpool
- My gratitude lists
- The sunshine
- A contagious smile
- All day breakfast
- Talkings things out
- My for mental health
- When I have time at the gym
- Lessons learned
- Change of all kinds
- Helpful routines
- My cat, Ned
- Reassuring music and good lyrics
- Travel souvenirs from my friends
- Little reminders
- The universe at all times
- Learning about gratitude science
- Good memories
- Future opportunities
- And the balance in between
- Supportive people
- Car rides with the windows down and the music up loud
- Stepping outside my comfort zone
- The bad days because they help me recognize and celebrate the good ones
- The right now
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
Featured image of the abandoned airplane in Iceland people love to visit. Just a couple mile hike out to the coast to see this and the ocean, worth checking out when you have the time.