Remember your first day of school? Your first day in a new place? That anxious excitement sits in your stomach waiting in explode in a totally not gross way. It’s an opportunity to start fresh and embrace change. You may have an actual first day or it could just be the middle of your week. You have the chance to dictate how it goes and infusing that same enthusiasm into every day if you choose.
Easier said than done but it can lead to some pretty special moments when we do.
Today I’m Grateful For…
- My first day of work
- Getting my headphones in the mail today
- Email stories
- Starting over
- New routines
- Introvert time
- The sound of thunder in the distance
- The feeling of rain on my skin
- People who inspired me to start my gratitude journal
- People who inspire me to keep it going
- Sharing pictures and stories with others
- Listening to old vinyls with my dad
- A fresh mindset
- Summer grilling
- Clean water
- Convenient tissues for sneezes
- Lazy rivers and nothing to do
- Trying new things
- Feeling heard
- A couple deep breaths
- My square dancing class
- A contagious smile
- Meeting new people
- Letting go of expectations
- The present moment
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
Featured image of department building over looking the pond. I work in a really special place with some really awesome people. I’ve really enjoyed Colchester and Essex for a lot of reasons and it’s only day 1. I’m excited for what the rest of the summer will bring.