I’ve had a pretty tough time waiting for my VISA to process and to get back to England. Although I’m not missing much, I feel like I’m waisting this incredible opportunity. I’m grateful I was home for some pretty important family moments but this isn’t how I saw my summer going. It will place even more importance on being present and making the most of the time I have in England when I return.
I titled this blog, “Why I Love Music” because I think it’s been an important piece of my sanity. I’m someone who will over-analyze a situation without any prompting. My brain is CONSTANTLY processing information and I am conscious of my surroundings almost to a fault. Music not only is something I love to just listen to and enjoy, but it can certainly help keep my thoughts positive too.
This is a list of 25 songs that make me happy and at peace.
Grateful they exist, grateful I find meaning in them, and I’m grateful I can share them with others who may feel the same.
Today I’m Grateful For…
- The Days That Are To Come – John Vincent III
- Yellow Lights – Harry Hudson
- I Hear Your Song, Sweetness – George Taylor
- Grows Old – Thirdstory
- I Need A Forest Fire – James Blake / Bon Iver
- Downtown – Majical Cloudz
- Anchor – Novo Amor
- Things Will Get Better – Vian Izak
- Cherry Wine – Hozier
- Rut – The Killers
- Roll Like Thunder – Jake Wells
- Animals & Angels – Joy Oladokun
- Pink + White – Frank Ocean
- Rise – Jason Mraz
- JOYFUL – X Ambassadors
- St. Ides – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Reckless Lover – Handsome Ghost
- You Can’t Rush Your Healing – Trevor Hall
- The Adventure – Angels & Airwaves
- I’ll Stay (Carla’s Song) – Matt Stinton
- Hope – Honeywater
- Patience – The Lumineers
- Bruises – Lewis Capaldi
- Underground – Cody Fry
- Treasure Chest – The Corcoran Brothers
Trust me, picking JUST 25 songs was hard enough but if you like my music and are interested in more, check out my profile here.
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
A featured image I’ve used before but a perfect way to end my day. Listening to music and watching the sunset always calmed me down and will be something I am always grateful for when thinking about this past year.