There are a lot of people I look up to. They’re strong, self motivated, and have this innate confidence I often wish to emulate.
I’m grateful. I didn’t always believe I had it. I didn’t always feel capable but I know over time that’s changed. My heart ache, my moments of learning, it’s helped me recognize my own power within. My power comes from my breath and is sustained with each moment of gratitude and appreciation for this life and my place within an ever changing universe.
Today I’m Grateful For…
- One step at a time
- Orientation dance parties
- A Long Walk To Water by Linda Sue Park. Check out my CLEAN WATER project and see how you can get involved!
- Punk music with Riley
- Time at the gym
- Naps after work
- A few deep breaths when I’m anxious
- The sound and smell of rain
- Runs through campus
- College football season and PAC 12 after dark
- My brother hearing out my crazy dreams
- Reclining seats at the movies
- My friends who encourage and support me
- Embracing change
- PC Gaming with my dad
- Neighborhood wiffleball games
- The smell of seaweed
- My grandparents
- Real instruments
- Spotify music and my favorite albums
- My fraternity
- Love songs and feel good music
- Phone calls Home
- The present moment
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
Featured image of Loch Ness in Scotland. The day was perfect as the ferry did a small loop in the massive lake. The sun was out and the breeze felt good. The sky was blue and it was the perfect day to spot an underwater sea monster.