Every list I post, #25 on my list of gratitude is an acknowledgment of the present moment. Thoughts and fears can take me away from being present. Anxiety and uncertainty for the future meshed with a disappointment in failure from the past, remove me from the here and now. Being mindful and being present is a practice. What I’ve learned is this search for meaning, my expedition for happiness and understanding doesn’t have to span the globe. My adventure starts right here, in this moment.
“You don’t have to wait until tomorrow to find peace and joy. Breathing in, I feel alive. Breathing out, I feel at home.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
Gratitude grounds me in the here and now. Each breath that fills my lungs brings the miracle of life into my body. I’m learning I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be and the meaning to life I’ve been seeking, is what I define it to be. What a blessing it is to live another day, to see another sunrise, and to share love with the people and animals we care the most for. Our adventure starts here and you don’t have to wait for any kind of special permission to start again.
Today I’m Grateful For…
- My breath
- Lessons from Happiness by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Home cooked meals
- Gym sessions with Peter
- A clear sky full of stars
- The sound of train outside my window
- Rain, falling on my skin
- My friends, the people who helped me get to be exactly where I am
- My cat Ned, my best friend
- Old vinyl records
- Getting a good sweat at the gym
- CLEAN WATER! Check out my project and see how you can get involved
- Thunder storms
- Mindful eating
- Shared laughter
- A full moon and a quiet night
- The warmth of the sun
- New music from my discover weekly from Spotify
- Second chances
- Love through understanding
- A good night’s rest
- Summer jijutsu lessons and learning new things
- My family
- Every moment from today, but especially this one
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
Featured image from an old hike with my friend Lucas. So many moments in this lifetime to celebrate, how lucky am I to get to share them with people I love.