Today was perfect. I spent the day at the beach with my mom and brother, enjoying the sun and the water. We walked from the tiny home a family friend has leant us and made the most of every second here today. We got ice cream with my dad and told old stories we’ve each heard a thousand times before.
To me, this was exactly what I needed after getting back from England. I wasn’t stressed about work or school, I was just here in this moment. This for me is self care. Spending time with the people I love. I feel reinvigorated and truly cherish the time I get with my parents and siblings.
Today I’m Grateful For…
- The crash of the waves and smell of the water
- The sand between my toes
- Homemade ice cream
- Crossing the bridge to the cape
- Cards with my dad and brother
- Tattoo stories and dreams of the future
- Spending time with my family
- Having a day for myself
- Summer grilling and making food together
- Drives with the windows down
- Oldies radio with my mom
- Hanging outside
- Catching up with my brother
- Dirty knees and feet from the grass
- A clear night sky and the sound of grasshoppers outside my window
- CLEAN WATER! Check out my project and see how you can get involved!
- When things work out
- New podcasts and books
- The jet lag works the opposite way and wakes me up early in the morning
- Time to read
- Exploring the swamp
- Bug spray
- Local seafood
- The here and now
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
Featured image is of Loch Ness and not the cape because I didn’t take my phone or camera with me today. It was nice not having anything on me but I’m still glad I can share my gratitude at the end of the day.