I need to preface this post by saying my mom and I are incredibly alike for a lot of different reasons. We can be stubborn and emotional but also quite caring and intuitive. She and I haven’t always seen eye to eye but our relationship has dramatically improved over the past couple of years.
We spent the weekend, just us, down on the cape. We did a 9 mile morning run and got breakfast together after. It was the perfect get-away before heading back to work and school later this week. I’m grateful I got to spend that time with her and turn my phone off for a bit. I wouldn’t be who I am today without her.
Today I’m Grateful For…
- Morning runs with my mom
- Breathing in the beach air
- Walks through the sand
- Funny morning selfies
- Blueberry muffins
- The warmth of the summer sun
- Feeling organized and focused
- My sister coming back from NY for the week while I’m home
- Hanging out with my brother
- Good podcasts and audiobooks
- Spending time with my cat, Ned
- Car rides with the windows down
- Old stories about growing up
- Clean, warm laundry
- Outdoor showers after the beach
- Allergy medicine
- Home cooked Mac and cheese
- Afternoon naps
- Sleeping in my bed at home
- Local bagels
- Waking up to the sound of birds
- Good advice
- Vinyl music with my parents
- A clear sky full of stars at night
- The precious present
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
Featured image of my mom looking out at the ocean from our morning run.