Today, I drove back to UMass. As much as I loved my time in the UK, I’ve been looking forward to this day for quite a while. Fittingly, my supervisor Adam was one of the first people I got to see after arriving which made me happy.
It’s hard to believe I’m in my last year of graduate school. A year away from my degree, a year away from no more homework, a year away from the unknown. There are a lot of changes occurring and I feel the gravity of each of them. I’ll be working with a new staff, in a new area, with new responsibilities and I couldn’t be more excited. I’m grateful for the training and support I receive because without it, I wouldn’t be here.
I am fortunate to continue my education and I’m grateful it will allow me to help people in so many different ways.
Today I’m Grateful For…
- Starting over
- My new apartment balcony
- Getting help unpacking
- Ice cream and staff bonding
- Walking meditation
- Advil and eye drops
- Cindy pillows
- Eggs for breakfast
- Working in OSIL and walking through the RCC saying hi to everyone
- Silent heat lightning in the sky
- Being back at UMass
- Time to journal
- CLEAN WATER! Check out my project and see how you can get involved!
- Good song recommendations
- The sound of rain on my window
- The support from my parents
- When I have time to read other blogs
- The freedom to choose my destiny
- Summer audiobooks
- Anything from the grill
- New opportunities
- Free lunch from work
- Morning yoga stretches
- Positive people
- The here and now
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.