I’m really trying my best to be present. To savor and cherish every second that passes me by in a day. I get to celebrate one of my best friends, Melissa, with her family and I’m grateful. The problem is as I write this post, is that today is already over.
This goes two ways though. I feel like I’m being mindful without the constant mental reminders. I engage in conversation, I use my senses to appreciate my surroundings, I listen to others, and it all falls into place from there. I can’t believe there’s already been 11 days of August because I feel like I just got home.
Life is both long and short, we gotta make the most of it anyway we know how.
Today I’m Grateful For…
- Going out on the boat
- Trying new things
- Swimming in a warm lake
- No traffic
- Delicious breakfast and cheesy eggs
- Premier League updates from my brother
- Shared laughter
- Finding new things in old bookstores
- Buffalo Chicken Calzonesssssssss
- My BSU friends and memories
- Mini golf with the Belanger’s
- Quick naps in the car
- Family adventures in the mini van
- A warm towel
- Pleasant surprises
- My grandma’s home made Italian food
- Getting organized and making plans
- The jet lag to help me write my blog
- That my family loves my cat too
- My discover weekly on Spotify
- Comfy pillows and sweatshirts
- The smell of rain
- Learning something new
- Reading newspaper comics with my dad
- The right here, right now
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
Featured image of a weird perspective from the pier. What’s your gratitude today?!