I’m not sure if it’s the jet lag or something else but my body has been eager to wake up around 3am and 6am this past week or so. I’ve decided not to fight it and I’ve enjoyed the benefits of being up early. Sitting in the morning, listening to the birds and watching the day begin has been quite calming. I use this new found time in the morning to write my blog and drink my tea. This is a routine I could get used to!
Today I’m Grateful For…
- Foggy mornings
- The deep green in the trees
- Warm tea
- FaceTime with my mom
- The cool breeze from my balcony
- The return of college football
- My Peer Mentor staff
- Anything my dad grills
- People who aim to inspire
- Catching the sunrise
- Nighttime stretches
- CLEAN WATER! Check out my project and see how you can get involved!
- Learning new things
- My summer audiobooks and podcasts
- Friends from home
- My time in the UK
- Working here at UMass
- Quiet mornings
- Time with Ned, my cat
- My family
- Buffalo chicken salad from Big Y
- The hope of what the future brings
- The precious present
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
Featured image of the still and perfect morning. The fog stretching over the deep green seeded trees along with my hot cup of tea allow me to be grateful when starting my day. The current state of construction will hopefully wrap up soon.