To me, it’s just another day. I’m not a huge fan even though I’m lucky enough to share the day with my twin sister. I don’t like the attention and often times don’t feel comfortable accepting gifts. Today was an exception to my normal annual dreadful birthday experience. With gratitude, I love to celebrate and thank the people who work so hard to make my day special. I have people in my life who care about me and who want to see me happy. I’m grateful for another year of life and for all this year will bring. Here’s to being 24 and feeling capable of taking on the world.
Today I’m Grateful For…
- My sister, sharing the day with her has been my favorite thing about August 21st.
- My family
- My friends
- Good health
- Clear nights with bright stars
- When my uncle dressed up as a lobster for my underwater themed birthday
- Summers hanging by the pool
- Wiffleball in the yard with my neighbors
- Watching the Revs under the lights
- Lazer tag
- Vinyl records and good music
- Fresh fruit and veggies
- Birthday surprises from the dream team
- When my mom calls to check in
- Chocolate desserts
- Nights spent listening to the rain outside
- Grilling in the summer
- Honest conversations
- Local pizza
- My Peer Mentors
CLEAN WATER! Check out my project and see how you can get involved! Don’t worry if you didn’t get me anything, a small donation to my fundraiser would be perfect.
- Watching the morning fog with my tea
- Time at the gym
- New experiences and opportunities
- This very moment
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
Featured image of the sunset ending what was a perfect day. Thank you, to everyone, for making it special.