Happy birthday! 🎂🎁🎉
We didn’t always see eye to eye. I think this is because her and I couldn’t be more alike. Growing up we would but heads and get into arguments because of our stubborn natures. We struggled to address our miscommunication and didn’t do much to fix it. Our relationship has grown with time and I’m grateful to have such an amazing woman love and support me unconditionally. I realized my mom says the things she does because she just wants me to be safe, happy, and healthy. She cares about my success and will worry appropriately. Once I learned that much, figuring out the rest was easy for us.
She is an educator, a runner, and an early riser. She taught me how to stay organized and how to dance to oldies radio. I’m grateful for my mom for more reasons than my daily list can handle. Happy birthday, Mom ❤️.
Today I’m Grateful For…
- My mother
- Rides to school in the morning
- Morning runs and half marathons
- Unconditional support and encouragement
- Getting my curly hair from my mom
- Home cooking and special recipes
- Spending a day on the water
- Sharing stories and audiobooks with Mom
- A clean home
- Warm hugs from my mom
- Trips to her favorite ice cream parlor
- The superpowers you get from drinking tea
- The view from my balcony
- Good communication amongst my staff
- When I can help or serve others
- My Discover Weekly from Spotify
- Board games and family nights
- Walks to the beach
- Cake frosting
- My fraternity brothers
- Challenges and adversity
- CLEAN WATER! Check out my project and see how you can get involved!
- The here and now
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
Featured image of another unreal sunset in Western MA at UMass. Taken by Niharika Kareddy.