Life often feels like a balancing act between juggling responsibilities and taking care of yourself or your family. When the stress sets in, remind yourself that you still need to take care of you.
Personally, I get frustrated hearing people tell me that “they’ll be fine” or “it’s no big deal” when they’re not taking care of themselves. Finding time for you is important. It’s not always easy but it’s important. Be grateful when you can.
Today I’m Grateful For…
- New UMass residents
- A night for myself to relax
- My good health
- Time to listen to music
- Sharing desserts and talking things out
- Good communication
- Time at the gym
- My family
- The warmth of the sun
- When I can help others
- Summer games and lawn competitions
- The feeling after you brush your teeth
- My grandparents
- A couple deep breaths
- Starting my day with tea
- A clean apartment and a vacuumed rug
- The smell of fresh cut grass
- Clean water and my Cambodia friends
- Video games nights with my cousins
- The trees in the horizon
- Knowing I’m not alone
- When my cat Ned gets excited about dinner
- The fan next to my bed
- My supervisor Adam
- This very moment
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
Featured image of my ferocious cat taking a big yawn.