First and foremost I’m happy to be posting again. This past week I’ve been quite busy. My girlfriend and I went camping in northern Maine for a couple days. Followed quickly by a good amount of work I needed to catch up on. Prior to talking it out, I felt bad because I didn’t feel like I kept my promise. I didn’t post daily and I messed up and missed out on my goal.
Now, I feel differently. It was never about posting every day or a specific number of items on nightly lists. It was about learning to incorporate and celebrate gratitude in my life.
This is my 265th blog but certainly not my 265th day feeling grateful to be exactly where I am. These blogs have helped my mental health and I’m better off when I write things out.
Today I’m Grateful For…
- Car rides with the windows down
- Podcasts and audiobooks
- Getting assignments down early
- The Harry Potter stories
- Summers by the pool
- Clean water
- Sharing dessert with my girlfriend
- Bike rides through campus
- Wiffleball in the yard
- Long drives to Maine
- Holy Donuts in Portland
- A painted sky full of stars
- Falling asleep to the sound of the ocean
- Catching the first sunrise
- A sky on fire full of color
- Pancakes in the woods
- Walking around the lakes
- Singing in the car
- Finding random Denny’s
- Our little tent
- The sound of rain on the car windshield
- Comfy pillows
- Two successful interviews for class
- My family and Monopoly nights
- The here and now
As always, check out my first blog, 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
Featured image of Julie and I on our hike for the day. I couldn’t tell you the name of it but we had a great time and didn’t get too lost.