Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
I’ve felt stuck of late. I have these dreams and aspirations of a career in education. Unfortunately, my work doesn’t align with my goals and I’m afraid I’m wasting time. I’m doing my best to make changes that help me in the present and not some theoretical date in the future. My journey is my own and there’s no prescribed method or fast track to doing it. The lessons I learn have been taught to me by time and adversity and there’s no better teacher.
Today I’m Grateful For…
- My parents and their support
- Summer days spent outside
- A clean and warm apartment
- Mentors and role models
- My education
- Sledding down the hill in the winter
- FaceTiming with friends
- My club, Liverpool, even when they lose
- Getting picked up after school
- Clean teeth
- My fraternity brothers
- Honest communication
- Trips to the beach
- Reading through old journal entries
- Good advice
- Clean water and my friends from Cambodia
- Catching the morning sunrise
- Waking up next to my cat
- Learning new things
- Patient thoughts
- Family owned breakfast places and real maple syrup on my pancakes
- A couple deep breaths
- Signs from the Universe
- The here and now
As always, check out my first blog 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
Featured image of the fog at UMASS.