This morning I found myself just sitting and talking with my mother. We enjoy kayaking, running, and a number of other things but doing nothing feels just as good. I appreciate the moments where I see how alike we are. The way we curl up with a blanket or tell a story, she’s a huge piece of my support system.
Time at home is special to me. Spending time with my mom is part of that.
Today I’m Grateful For…
- Biking down the hill at home
- My cat, Ned
- Game of Thrones Sunday’s
- Friends from BSU
- New goals and aspirations
- A little flexibility
- Warm blankets and cozy slippers
- Birds outside my window in the morning
- The train passing in the night
- Traveling down the western coast
- Monopoly nights with the family
- Living an active lifestyle
- The sound of rain falling on glass windows
- Eggs in the morning
- Sharing gratitude
- Music you can dance to
- Trying new things
- Nights in Acadia
- Stretching before bed
- Patient thinking
- Taking walks to clear my head
- People who encourage my best self
- My sister
- A little routine
- The here and now
As always, check out my first blog 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
If you’re interested in Guest Blogging for the Gratitude Journal, click (here)!
Featured image from Washington!