For many years, I was “alone” on Valentine’s Day. A Hallmark holiday that ultimately made me feel worse about my relationship status more than anything else. This year, a friend opened my eyes to a new perspective.
Valentine’s Day is about spreading love celebrating the heart. It’s not about if you’re dating anyone or going to the fanciest candlelight restaurant. The day is about gratitude for those you care about most. That’s something I can get behind.
Today I’m Grateful For…
- Store bought frosting
- Time to take care of my to-do list
- My classes and continued education
- Clean water and texts from Cambodia
- Catching the morning sunrise
- Hanging out with my cat, Ned
- My family
- The sound of the train passing in the night by my house
- Time at the gym
- Teachers, mentors, and coaches
- The upcoming weekend
- Practice, practice, and more practice
- Eating right and feeling good
- Working together to achieve something
- People who inspire
- The sound of birds chirping outside my window in the morning
- New learning
- Time to journal and reflect
- Summer grilling with my dad
- Ultimate frisbee friends
- Hanging out with my siblings in NY
- Safe travels and good health
- An opportunity to try
- Moments I can redefine myself
- The precious present
As always, check out my first blog 25 Things I’m Grateful For (#1) to know why I’m writing this list and why I want you to start yours.
If you’re interested in Guest Blogging for the Gratitude Journal, click (here)!
Classic picture of Ned